Did you know that you can replace all of your nasty chemical cleaning products with essential oils? Home cleaning with essential oils is really simple and today we will share with you how you can clear out your cleaning cabinet and replace everything with essential oil-based products.
Home Cleaning with Essential Oils
- Wild Orange
- Douglas Fir
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
- Purify Cleansing Blend
- doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend
- doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
Base Ingredients For Home Cleaning With Essential Oils
Absorbs and eliminates odour. Use to clean countertops, sinks, and tubs. Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet and vacuum after 15 minutes for a fresher look and feel.
Contains natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. Cuts grease and dissolve mineral deposits.
Lifts dirt, cuts grease and eliminates tough stains. Pour a small amount over baking sheets and pans then scrub for a few minutes, and you’ll have clean, shiny results.
Salt is an effective scouring agent. Pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorize and keep grease from building up. Mix salt with Lemon essential oil and use to remove stubborn coffee and teacup stains.
doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
Great natural cleaner and polisher. Rub it into leather or polish wood surfaces. Flip to page 24 for more details.
Simple Solutions For Everyday Cleaning Problems with Essential Oils:
- Bathtub cleaner. Mix 5-6 drops of On Guard with a half cup of baking soda to clean your bathtub and skip all of the harsh, bleaching chemicals.
- Stinky Garbage Bins Place a few drops of Purify on a paper town and place under your removable bins. In your bigger bins, spray the inside of the bin and the lid with Purify or On Guard, vinegar and water.
- Germs be gone! Add a few drops of On Guard to a spray bottle with water works and use on doorknobs, hand railings, microwave door and countertops.
- Enjoy A Fresh And Clean Mattress. Sprinkle a mixture of 1 cup baking soda and 10 drops of Lavender essential oil over your mattress. Allow the mixture to sit for at least one hour then use the vacuum to clean it up. You can combine with drops of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Clove, or Rosemary as well.
- Therapeutic Foaming Soap. Combine 2 tablespoons Castile soap with 1 T of fractionated coconut oil into a pump bottle. Add 10 drops of your favourite essential oil. Slowly add water. Add lid, shake and you’re ready to go.
- Odorizer. Simply diffuse lemon or add a few drops of Lemon essential oil to a spray bottle, add water spritz the bad smell away!
- Get Rid Of The Sticky Stuff. Lemon essential oil is famous for removing sticky tree sap, sticker residue and permanent marker. It even gets gum out of hair!
- Smell Lemons, Not Chemicals. Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater. Adding Lemon will make it a better experience for you while taking advantage of the cleaning qualities in Lemon essential oil! Your glassware will be crystal clear.
- An Original All-Purpose Cleaner. Mix 5-6 drops Lemon essential oil or Wild Orange with water and vinegar in a spray bottle to cleanse and purify surfaces. Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances. For stainless steel, mix Lemon essential oil with olive oil for best results.
- Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths or Sponges. When your kitchen washcloths smell terrible, add Lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better!
- Nourish Your Leathers & Furniture. A popular home cleaning with essential tip is to add a few drops of Lemon essential oil combined with a few drops to olive oil for a great furniture polish.
- Spice Up Your Laundry. Instead of dryer sheets, try adding a few drops of your favourite oil to a damp washcloth or woollen dryer balls in the dryer. Be sure to set the dryer to a low-temperature cycle as high heat will lessen the effects of the oil. Lavender and Citrus Bliss are great for this purpose. For heavy duty, deodorizing use Purify.
- Bathroom Cleaner. Combine 10 drops of Melaleuca with ½ cup baking soda and ¼ cup vinegar to clean the toilet.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Dilute 8-10 drops of Melaleuca with water in a spray bottle to clean around the house. It is great to use in damp places and in the bathroom!
- Chase Away Stagnant Closet Air. You know that smell. Fabrics of all variety, shoes for every occasion, plus a dirty clothes bin and no fresh air can only equal one thing…you need Lavender essential oil. Whether diffused, drizzled on earthenware, or dripped on cotton balls, chase stagnancy away! Other great oils for this purpose: Peppermint + Rosemary together or Purify.
- Bug away. Insects, ants and spiders are not too fond of the smell of Lavender, Peppermint, Clove, Cinnamon and/or Rosemary. Use one or two of these to deter pests. For mice — use Peppermint on a cotton ball in problem areas.
- Freshen carpets. Add 5 – 10 drops of your favorite oil — Lemon, On Guard, Citrus Bliss, Purify or Lavender would be great — to a cup of baking soda, mix well and let it rest overnight. Sprinkle on carpet, then vacuum it up after an hour.
- Toss the chemical air fresheners. Chemical air fresheners are terrible for your health and are known to trigger allergic responses and headaches in many. Instead, diffuse your favourite oils and create a truly healthy environment. Lemon or any citrus alone or in combination is great for ridding the air of unwanted odours and other threats, plus creating a fresh happy mood.
If you have just three oils — Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint — you can take care of many of these issues. Other oils mentioned above and frequently used for cleaning are Melaleuca, On Guard and Purify. With the exception of Purify, all these can be found in our basic “beginner”-level kits — the Family Essentials Kit and The Home Essential Kit.
Join today and save 25% on your Home Essentials Kit. You’re membership fee will also be paid for you! CLICK HERE to JOIN NOW.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of joining doTERRA CLICK HERE.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.