Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume.
Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times. One of the primary uses for this powdery, floral, light scented oil is for relaxation, but it can actually offer more. Here are some tips on how to use Lavender Essential Oil:
1. Take A Lavender Bath. Drop a bit along with Epsom salts to your bath water for an ultra relaxing experience.
2. Head To Toe Rest. After a hard workout or a long day on your feet, rub along with Lemongrass on your legs and feet. It will help soothe sore muscles and fully rest.
3. Take The Acid Out Of Vinegar. Add 4-5 drops of Lavender to your vinegar cleaning mixture for a more bearable scent.
4. Quick Fix. Mix three parts Fractionated Coconut Oil with one part Lavender essential oil in a small spray bottle or roll on to help clear up skin irritation associated with chafing. Great for little ones!
5. Bring on the ZZZ’s. Rub on the bottoms of the feet for a more restful sleep.
6. Enjoy A Fresh And Clean Mattress. Sprinkle a mixture of 1 cup baking soda and 10 drops of lavender essential oil over your mattress. Allow the mixture to sit for at least one hour then use the vacuum hose to clean it up. You can combine with drops of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Clove, or Rosemary as well.
7. Ouch, That’s Hot! The next time someone doesn’t realize the iron or pan is still hot; apply this oil to the affected area to soothe skin irritation, relieve redness and ease swelling.
8. The Oatmeal Secret. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, and add 5-8 drops of Lavender oil. When it’s time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub A little goes a long way.
9. A Sleepy Time Trick. A few drops of placed on a pillow will help a restless toddler (or adult) fall asleep and stay asleep.
10. Homemade Aftershave. Use after shaving to soothe and soften skin and to lessen the redness and burning caused by razor burn.
11. Flavor Twist. Lavender softens citrus flavors and adds a unique and delicious flavor to marinades, custards, bread, cookies, icings, and even honey and syrup.
12. Take The “Ouch” Out. One drop of Lavender will help relieve the pain and sensitivity of occasional sore gums, dry or chapped lips, occasional scrapes, and abrasions, or after too much sun.
13. Clear The Mind. Apply to the temples and back of neck to lessen the effects of stress and anxiety and to promote mental clarity.
14. Care For Your Baby Belly. Rub Lavender essential oil onto an itchy tummy while pregnant.
15. Therapeutic Dish & Laundry Soap. If your liquid soap smells a bit flat, you can add Lavender for additional aromatherapy benefits. It transforms your cleaning experience.
GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
Ready to get started using dōTERRA essential oils? Great stuff! The cheapest and smartest way to get started is as a WHOLESALE CUSTOMER.
To do this CLICK HERE.
Learn more about joining dōTERRA here.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek the advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.