Every body needs a bottle Melaleuca or tea tree essential oil! This powerful essential oil holds over 92 different compounds and has limitless applications. Sourced from Australia, the tea tree plant has been used by aboriginals for centuries.
Today, the countless benefits of tea tree are now well known around the globe and it is now frequently used topically for cleansing and rejuvenating skin, internally for supporting healthy immune function, in natural cleaning products and much more.
Grab your bottle of dōTERRA Melaleuca or tea tree and start to explore some of the different ways you can use this potent plant medicine:
15 Unique Ways to Use Melaleuca
1. Say Goodbye To Razor Burn. Apply after shaving to prevent any skin irritation. You can also mix Melaleuca with a bottle of fractionated coconut oil for a great facial moisturizer. Consider also mixing with Lavender or Frankincense for added benefit.
2. Add “Oomph” To Your Lotion. Help soothe your skin by placing 1 drop of Melaleuca essential oil in your moisturizer during your morning and night skin routine. You can also apply to skin blemishes and rashes as part of a daily cleansing program.
3. Bathroom Cleaner. Combine 10 drops of tea tree oil with 1⁄2 cup baking soda and 1⁄4 cup vinegar to clean the toilet.
4. Refresh Your Wash. Add a couple drops of Melaleuca to laundry detergent to get rid of any musty smells caused by poor ventilation.
5. Homemade Baby Wipes. Cut a paper towel roll in half and place it in a storage container with 2 cups warm water, 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil and 3 drops each of Melaleuca and Lavender. When the liquid is absorbed, remove the cardboard roll and pull wipes from the center.
6. For When Soap Won’t Do It. Melaleuca is great for removing permanent marker from skin.
8. Too Much Fun In The Sun? Apply to the skin during your family vacation or after a long day in the sun.
9. Sleep Feeling Clean. Spray Melaleuca on your mattress pad when you change the sheets.
10. Handy For Hikers. Take Melaleuca essential oil in your pack next time to take the off beaten trail. Melaleuca is a great cleansing agent for occasional scrapes and other skin irritations.
11. Learn From The Past. Historically, Melaleuca oil was used as a cleanser for the face and to deal with periodic skin and toenail challenges.
12. Boost Your Immune Function. Diffuse Melaleuca or rub it on the bottom of your feet. Combine with On Guard for even more immune support.
13. Chemical-Free Cleaning. Dilute 8-10 drops with water in a spray bottle to clean around the house. It is great to use in damp places and in the bathroom.
14. A Young Athlete’s Best Friend. Apply directly to the feet and toenails after practice each night and especially if you are also showering, swimming or exercising in public, high traffic areas.
15. Healthy, Happy You. Massage onto the bottoms of feet and the chest area to promote overall health, especially during the winter. For occasional skin irritations, apply Melaleuca directly to the skin or dilute with a drop of fractionated coconut oil.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.