Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits.
In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used its resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of this wonderful oil today. and here are 15 tips on how to use it:
1. Calm Down. Inhale with Lavender and Peppermint and apply to neck to help calm stress and relieve tension.
2. Nourish Your Skin. Use a drop with 3 drops of carrier oil or dōTERRA Spa Hand and Body Lotion for beautiful, radiant looking skin.
3. Spread The Love. Frankincense smells wonderful and uplifts the mood. Wear it as a perfume to lift your mood and feelings of alertness.
4. Overworked Hands? Rub on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote a normal inflammatory response.
5. Time To Focus. Apply 1-2 drops to your temples and the back of your neck to help improve your concentration.
6. Nails Of Steel. Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop to strengthen weak fingernails.
7. Goodness In A Cup. Dilute a drop of this oil in 1 teaspoon of honey or in a small herbal tea and take daily to maintain good health.
8. A Calming Mood Lifter. Frankincense can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and calm mood swings minor to major. In fact, it has been used to calm expectant mothers during pregnancy and labor. Diffuse in the room or massage a drop onto the chest or back of the neck.
9. Cellular Vigor. Frankincense is a component of DDR Prime because it promotes healthy cellular proliferation. So, take Frankincense in a Veggie Capsule to support healthy cells in your body.
10. No More Nerves. Use Frankincense to help relieve anxiety and create a positive mood. Try combining Frankincense, Peppermint, and Wild Orange essential oil in your hand, rub hands together and inhale deeply. This mix will also help with the most severe need for a three o’ clock pick-me-up.
11. Be Youthful. Frankincense can help promote youthful, radiant looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections. Dab with 1 drop of a carrier oil to trouble areas.
12. Relax And Revitalize. Soak in a warm Frankincense bath to calm the nerves or diffuse in the bathroom while you relax in the tub.
13. Frank To The Rescue. Frankincense has been used for centuries for challenged skin, skin problems and nearly everything related to skin. It’s wonderful for aging skin to Apply directly to the skin and dab the excess with a cotton ball.
14. Muscle & Soreness Relief. Use the oil with a cold compress after working out or on a hot day to cool down and relax. Or, use with a hot compress to soothe tired muscles or occasional cramps.
15. Personal Sauna. After showering, add a few drops to a warm, wet washcloth for a final rinse. Enjoy the earthy smell as the steam creates your own personal sauna.
GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
Ready to get started using dōTERRA essential oils? Great stuff! The cheapest and smartest way to get started is as a WHOLESALE CUSTOMER.
To do this CLICK HERE.
Learn more about joining dōTERRA here.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.