Creating a spa-like environment in your home can easily be done using simple household ingredients and essential oils. Bath bombs are a fun way to add excitement to your senses while enjoying the benefits of essential oils. They are also entertaining to use and are loved by both kids and adults alike.
What you need:
- 1 cup citric acid (Note: Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section.)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8–10 drops favourite essential oil
What to do:
- In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with a spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until the consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food colouring, dried herbs, or flower petals to the mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone moulds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mould.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Bath bombs are excellent gifts for both adults and children. When making for kids, try adding some colour to the mixture. Not only will they love that the water changes colours, but will also love the fizz from the bath bomb.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek the advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.