Between baby showers, birthdays, and weddings, gifts are a big part of our lives, but sometimes it’s hard to find the perfect thing. When it comes to those who love and support you, give them something homemade and meaningful. Instead of randomly searching for a gift they’ll never use, feel confident about our Lemon Poppy Seed Soap Bar recipe. Not only will they use it, they’ll love it.
Note about Lemon essential oil used in this soap:
Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so we do not recommend exposing the skin to direct sunlight after topical application of these essential oils. However, essential oils in the soap bars are found in small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm.
What you need:
- Melt and pour soap (we used goat’s milk soap)
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Silicone mold
- 20 drops dōTERRA Lemon essential oil
- Cut your soap base into small squares.
- Place cut-up soap into a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave and melt for 30 second intervals, stirring in between. We recommend stirring with a Popsicle stick for easy cleanup. Once soap is melted, set aside. If you don’t want to use a microwave, you can also use a double boiler.
- Zest 2 lemons and add zest to melted soap along with the poppy seeds.
- Add dōTERRA Lemon essential oil and stir until combined.
- Pour soap into mold. Spray with rubbing alcohol for a smooth top free of bubbles.
- Let soap harden for 2-3 hours. Once hard, it is ready to be used.