Homemade hot cocoa is surprisingly easy to make. Flavour yours with a drop or two of your favourite internal use essential oil for a fun new cocoa flavour.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup water
- 5 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 ½ teaspoon powdered stevia (amount of sweetener can be adjusted to taste)
- 1–2 tablespoons sugar or agave (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups almond milk
- Recommended Essential Oils: Cinnamon Bark, Lavender, Wild Orange, or Peppermint oil.
What to do:
- Heat water, cocoa powder, and sweetener on a stove until ingredients are smooth.
- Add vanilla and milk and bring to a simmer. Pour into your favourite mug.
- Introduce flavour by swirling a toothpick dipped in your favourite essential oil.
Tip: For extra creamy cocoa, replace the water with equal parts milk or almond milk.
GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
Ready to get started using dōTERRA essential oils? Great stuff! The cheapest and smartest way to get started is as a WHOLESALE CUSTOMER.
To do this CLICK HERE.
Learn more about joining dōTERRA here.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek the advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.