You’ve probably heard of turmeric before – it’s the spice that makes curries and mustard yellow in colour. Maybe you’ve even seen it available as a supplement at your local health-food store. That turmeric powder in capsules and spice bottles comes from a root that is dried and ground. However, an option you probably have heard less about is Turmeric essential oil. doTERRA Turmeric oil is a much more powerful choice when it comes to using this spice for various health benefits.
doTERRA Turmeric essential oil was recently released at the doTERRA Global Convention (September 2018). Here are notes taken from the product launch presentation:
doTERRA Turmeric Essential Oil Description
Commonly known for its Ayurvedic health uses, Turmeric is a staple for your daily health routine and, when taken internally, promotes a positive immune function and response.*
- Extracted from the root
- A few years ago the timing wasn’t right and they didn’t have the right sourcing
- The botanical, whole root itself is broken down into 3 components (see graph below).
- The chemistry that we’re after are the curcuminoids and tumerones
- When you take a turmeric supplement: Poor absorption and water solubility means rapid elimination.
Did you know that Curcuminoids are already in Alpha CRS and the Deep Blue polyphenol complex?
Most turmeric products contain a CO2 extract versus an essential oil.
Things to beware of:
- A CO2 extract is NOT an essential oil
- It’s not that they’re not valuable
- CO2 extracts: supercritical (high temp, high pressure), subcritical (low temp, low pressure)
- Benefits = CO2 is perceived to be really valuable because there are no solvents leftover
- You get lots of curcuminoids, but they’re not very digestible.
- Drawbacks: CO2 is selective, and you have things left over BUT it doesn’t take out all the volatile compounds
With how doTERRA is producing it, it only creates tumerones. Tumerones only contains alpha, beta, and other tumerones like AR tumerones which can easily cross through the cell membranes.
Would turmeric EO protect the most delicate cells in the central nervous system, like the dendritic cells?
- YES → Increased activity in the dendritic cells (more to come on this)
doTERRA Turmeric Essential Oil Benefits
- Helps support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism*
- May enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes* (e.g. glutathione)
- Helps support healthy nervous and cellular function*
- Has been shown to increase curcumin potency and absorption*
- May promote healthy immune function and response*
- When diffused, Turmeric provides an emotional lift and may help improve mood
- Supports clean and healthy-looking skin while reducing the appearance of blemishes
doTERRA Turmeric Essential Oil Uses
- Take internally for daily antioxidant support and to improve immune response.*
- As metabolic support, use Turmeric when trying to get back on track.*
- When needed, use Turmeric as a spot treatment or in an all-over face mask to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or for a healthy-looking overall glow.
- Diffuse Turmeric or put a drop or two into your hand and inhale to promote feelings of positivity and to improve mood.
- After strenuous activity, incorporate Turmeric into your recovery routine for a soothing experience.
GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
Ready to get started using dōTERRA essential oils? Great stuff! The cheapest and smartest way to get started is as a WHOLESALE CUSTOMER.
To do this CLICK HERE.
If you would like to speak to someone about Turmeric and any other oils please CONTACT US.
Learn more about joining dōTERRA HERE.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.