Topical Use of Essential Oils
Topical application of essential oils is a popular and time-tested model. However, using essential oils on your skin can be a bit more complicated than applying your regular body lotion. In general, you apply essential oils where you need them for their localized effect. For example, to soothe your body after exercise, you would apply Deep Blue® oil to the muscles in your back or legs. Another reason to use oils topically is to experience them aromatically by putting the oil on your wrists, palms, or behind your ears.
Before going to use any oil or blend on your skin, make sure to follow these basic guidelines to get the best results.
- Face: Use essential oil as part of your regular skin care regimen to beautify the skin and promote a clear, healthy-looking complexion.
- Neck/Forehead/Temples: These areas are good to target feelings of tension.
- Abdomen: Application of essential oils, especially over major digestive organs.
- Arms/Legs/Back: Massage onto the arms, wrists, legs, feet, or back after physical activity.
- Roof of the Mouth (Soft Palette)/Base of the Skull: Applying oils to these areas is an excellent way to help transform your mood and balance your emotions.
- Chest: Rubbing oils onto the chest promotes feelings of clear breathing.
- Bottoms of Feet: The feet have large pores that rapidly absorb essential oils, making this an ideal application site for generalised effect. Apply and massage in 2–4 drops of essential oil.
Essential Oil Spotlight
These products are awesome because they come pre-diluted. Young skin is different from adult skin. It’s thinner, more delicate, and generally more sensitive. It’s a great idea to dilute any essential oils before applying them to children, and this kit takes the mess out of dilution.
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a trained health care professional where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. The limited information found on this website is for informational purposes only. You should never rely solely on the information found here and if you have any health condition or illness always seek out the advice of a trained professional.